Wednesday 13 October 2010

Pink hair and Piercings

A burst of pink
A petit bundle of passion,
Allure and excitement.
Hits me as the summer gently cascades.
Soft features adorned with piercings which subtly hint at a daring, uninhibited and wild soul.
Lingering looks the prelude to the submitance of a
Longful lust.
In her presence all rationale is lost.
Daring, spontaneity and endless possibilities
My north star.
I ache...my desires...
Unsatisfied... fully as yet.
To lose myself in her ecstasy,
To cherish every glorious inch.
To fully submit and allow ourselves to be entwined into
Sporadic bliss.

V festival
The year 2010 had so far been a bit of the same ol’ shit, the social life was on the wane, the agency work still demeaning and frustrating, the glorious escape of the radio gig on hiatus and a group of mates who were gradually drifting in different directions.
My ol’ pal Alex suggested we catch the Sunday at V festival I knew instantly I couldn’t really afford it... the agency work had been sparse throughout the summer and had left the ol’ wallet dryer than Oscar Wilde... but once I checked out the line up... Faithless and Prodigy almost back to back... Fuck it was my mantra ‘I’ll go and just worry about how to afford it later’ my battle cry!
Despite Alex putting the offer out to the whole group... only Danny and I responded positively; it merely further proved that as a group of mates we were sadly drifting. I’m quite lucky in that all my mates are from really diverse backgrounds... we literally come from all over the world from China, India, Pakistan, Italy, Cyprus... we are essentially the united colours of Benetton! In fact it still amazes me how we’ve never been snapped up for an advert.
And whilst this diversity is great and I feel it has given me the wonderful ability to just not see colour... the very differing backgrounds from which we all dwell is probably what’s driving us apart now; we are all now starting to realise how different we all are and that’s reflecting in the fact that as time goes by we see less and less of each other.
With the year gently winding to the end (I have this theory about as soon as August is over you’re basically in free-fall to x-mas and new year as the ‘ber’ months go by notoriously quickly.)
I wasn’t about to let this opportunity slip... so the morning of 22nd of August I linked up with Danny and Alex and we ventured down to Chelmsford.
Upon arriving at Chelmsford we were welcomed by a barrage of women handing out wristbands with V Festival 2010 emblazoned on them; I received three, Alex two and Danny just one... I made a joke about the women subconsciously ranking us which didn’t go down too well with Danny and Alex!
All of this talk of V festival is essentially irrelevant... we wandered around, we drank cider, we had a few laughs and a few spliffs as you’d expect from three likely lads such as ourselves.
The Kooks had just finished their set; which I adored. I still listen to inside in/inside out occasionally and it just reminds me of Uni and simpler times... when my life was basically determined by going out with my mates to pubs, clubs, gigs etc and not having to worry about the ever looming ‘real world’
That’s when she came over... what could on be described as a pixy suddenly was talking to me, intriguing me; she was cute and her pink hair was alluring, daring and exciting. I was fascinated by every word uttered from her pierced tongue. I couldn’t shift my field of vision from her lovely petit body.
At that moment I just wished my mates weren’t around so I could flirt unashamedly and in an uninhibited fashion that would’ve either impressed her or just plain scared her off. She revealed her name to be Kali and we just talked about music, to my relief she revealed herself to be a Libertines fan; this is a little test I administer when I’m talking to someone I don’t know about music. If they get the true intricacies, subtlety and genius behind the absolute Indie legends that are Pete Doherty and Carl Barat then they pass, if they’re one of the philistines that dismiss them as a couple of druggies who’s songs all sound the same I turn away from them with a distain I usually reserve for all supporters, followers and general hangers on of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
Suddenly I’d forgotten about my chums, hell I’d even forgotten about V festival and the only thought in my mind was ‘I so want to see this girl again, you know in a somewhat social climate, over a drink or two, she can talk and then I’ll talk and we’ll get to know each other until we succumb to a drunken snog/grope fest.’
I don’t know if it was side effect from the weed, or the mixing weed with alcohol but I was rooted to the spot! I felt this immense anxiety coursing throughout my body, the very idea of asking her out and the possibility of getting shot down in front of mates gripped me and began to take charge of my consciousness. Whilst the rest of the crowd were waiting impatiently for Faithless I was attempting to shrug off the shackles of fear which had gripped me... stroll over to Kali all confident like and say something like... ‘Hey Kali could I buy you a drink sometime?’
I knew Kali was leaving as she had mentioned she would be watching the Doves who were on the a different stage at the same time; so with time running out, Faithless about to start and Kali getting ready to leave, a real pressure cooker situation was developing...and I only came to see Faithless, Prodigy and escape from the tedium which was plaguing my life!
Kali however didn’t have any trouble however walking over to me and asking and I believe these words to be verbatim... ‘Can I stalk you?’ and cynics will have you believe romance is dead! I gave her my name whilst still in the midst of a drunken, high haze. I watched her walk away and quickly went over to Alex and asked him ‘what did you think of her?’
He answered ‘she seemed nice.’

No comments:

Post a Comment